RESORT VILLAGE GOVERNANCE
Mayor Ken MacDonald 306-533-3936
Portfolio: water utility & lagoon
Councillor Terry Lang 306-539-0002
Portfolio: refuse transfer station; gov’t relations; gov’t grants
Councillor Ed Schaeffer 306-539-2025
Portfolio: roads & transportation; boat launch; boat slips
Councillor Cindy Gorrill 306-531-9978
Portfolio: finances; Sage accounting assistance
Councillor Tom Fink 306-216-9574
Portfolio: lagoon & playground
VILLAGE OFFICE CONTACT INFORMATION
Civic Address: 101 Cowen Road, Kannata Valley, Sask.
Mailing Address Box 166 Silton, Sask. S0G 4L0
Toll Free Phone 1-877-731-2447
Local Phone: 731-2447 Fax 731-2415
Hours: 8AM to 4 PM Wednesday & Thursday
ATTENDING COUNCIL MEETINGS AS AN OBSERVER
All council meetings are conducted in a public forum therefore visitors and guests are welcome to attend without prior notice.
ATTENDING COUNCIL MEETINGS AS A PARTICIPANT – DELEGATE
Any member of the public may apply to the administrator to be recognized on the agenda of a meeting as a delegate in order to present information relevant to the administration of municipal business. The application shall be in a written format (letter or e-mail) and shall have been received by the administrator:
- at least 24 hours prior to the meeting date to speak to an item already on the agenda, or
- at least 7 days prior to the meeting date to speak to an item that is not on the agenda in which case descriptive information of the issue that is to be presented shall be included with the application.
HEARING DELEGATES AT A COUNCIL MEETING
To accommodate delegations and to properly address the issues presented, the following procedure will be followed:
- Following review of all requests, council reserve the right to limit the number of delegations and the time for each presentation. The decision of council will be forwarded to each delegation.
- Delegations are normally heard within the first 30 minutes of a council meeting and will be allotted a maximum of 15 minutes to address council. Additional time may be granted by unanimous consent of council.
- The key spokesperson will have the opportunity to present the purpose and content of the issue to council and answer any questions from council following the presentation.
- Council will reserve the right to respond to the issues presented immediately following the presentation, at a later time of the meeting or at a future meeting.
Minutes of all meetings of council are prepared and made public in compliance with the Procedures Bylaw which states in part:
- The Administrator shall prepare official minutes of all council and ratepayers meetings and present them to council for approval at the next following meeting.
- Minutes shall record the names of those members present at each meeting, motions or resolutions, actions of business conducted by council. Observations and opinions of members are not to be recorded.
- Upon approval of the minutes by council, Minutes shall be signed by the presiding officer of the meeting and the administrator.
- A copy of the approved minutes shall be posted on the Public Notice Board for a period of 30 days following approval.